Reflecting on our debut performance

So that’s it, the shows over and Sherbet Lemon Theatre have retired, for now. The Truth About Bedtime… was a success and we as a company are overwhelmed with the response we have received. We have received feedback from our friends, family and even members of the pubic as to how entertaining they found our performance and how much they enjoyed it, giving us confidence to perhaps pursue our show further in the future. I am so proud of everything we have achieved over the past four months and wouldn’t change this experience with these girls for the world.

Now we have reached the end of the process it seems appropriate to evaluate the success of our debut performance and consider how I may have improved in my role as performer and fundraiser to further our success.

In relation to my role as a performer, I felt happy with the performance I had given on the night of our debut show. However, there is always room for improvement and I feel for myself this is in the form of projection. When performing in a large space, such as the Lincoln Performing Arts Centre auditorium, it is essential that actors project to be heard by all audience members. The nature of our seating meant that if I hadn’t projected it would have more than likely been difficult for those who were not sat on the first row to hear me when I spoke. I received feedback from an audience member regarding a difficulty in hearing all that was said throughout our performance. Whether this was on my part or on the part of my fellow cast members it is certainly something to note for the future.

projection 2   (Sired, 2018)

projection 3(Sired, 2018)

projection(Sired, 2018)

In regards to my role as fundraiser this was mainly a role I took on throughout the creation process rather than on the day of the show. However, it was my fundraising events that raised the money required to put on our performance, providing the funds to buy the set, props and costumes. We were fortunate enough to have raised enough funds to buy everything we felt we needed in order to perform our debut show, therefore, I would say my role as fundraiser was a success. For the future, taking our performance further, I would perhaps aim to raise more funds dedicated to dressing the seating area. We decided to place blankets and pillows on the seating in order to create the comfy and cosy environment we desired. For our debut performance this was successful, however, in the future if we took our performance to larger spaces we would require more to dress a bigger seating area.

dressing the set(Sired, 2018)

dressing the set 3(Sired, 2018)

dressing the set 2(Sired, 2018)

Our debut performance of The Truth About Bedtime… was on the whole successful and hopefully you haven’t seen the last of the Sherby Lems yet.

E.R.

Sired, K. (2018) Projection 1 [image].

Sired, K. (2018) Projection 2 [image].

Sired, K. (2018) Projection 3 [image].

Sired, K. (2018) Dressing the set 1 [image].

Sired, K. (2018) Dressing the set 2 [image].

Sired, K. (2018) Dressing the set 3 [image].