The Show Must Go On: Show Day Reflection

set with unicorn
(Sired, 2018)

The show has been and gone, and I have loved creating and performing in The Truth About Bedtime… with this amazing group of women. The show was a success, and I am very proud of how it was received by the audience. When in the space, with the set built, the audience was transported into a comfortable and cosy area, where they could feel relaxed enough to laugh loudly to the humour and jokes within the show.

If I was to change anything within the set design, it would be the sheet. On the show day, when the set was fully up in the space and the seating was laid out, I realised that the sheet was not long enough to hide all of the cast members behind it. While standing behind it, the audience on the side rows could clearly see us. To adapt the set for future performances, I would make the sheet wider, so that every cast member that goes behind the sheet is hidden and does not ruin any of the effects behind the sheet for the audience.

Throughout this process, I have enjoyed immensely being a set designer for Sherbet Lemon Theatre. I have been given the chance to express my creativity and imagination. It has been a fun journey to see my wacky designs become a reality. I am excited about the future of the company and would love to work as a performer and set designer again.

Works Cited:

Sired, K. (2018) The Truth About Bedtime… Dress Run Photos [image]. Available from  https://www.facebook.com/KSIREDPHOTOGRAPHY/photos/a.1817093908311824.1073741878.1494033543951197/1817101074977774/?type=3&theater [accessed 24 May 2018].