My Bedtime Routine.

I’ve never really had a bedtime routine. I’m incredibly luckily, in the sense that most of the time I have no trouble sleeping at all. I tend to start my routine by brushing my teeth and having a wee (a bit TMI, but you do not want to get caught short when you’re all cosy). I then go upstairs and get into bed. I rarely wear pyjamas and I often just sleep in a t-shirt and leggings. I also keep my socks on in bed, an issue which is surprisingly divisive when you bring it up. Once I’m in bed (if my room is tidy I just get straight in, if it’s not I clear my bed, or just shove everything to the bottom, I have tiny legs, so it tends to not bother me). I’ll normally spend an hour or two on my laptop, making sure I have everything prepared for the next day, or looking at pictures of food. I usually have a podcast on whilst I’m scrolling, I find the noise comforting. When I’m ready to fall asleep, usually sometime between 12 and 1, I find something on YouTube I’d like to listen to as I find it quite difficult to fall asleep in my room with talking as a background noise. And then hopefully between 5 and 20mins later, I’m asleep. Simple as that!

E.H.